Mold Removal Should Be Handled By Experts
Mold removal should always be handled by a trained professional. If you suspect mold at your home or business contact the mold removal experts at K.O.S. Water & Mold Removal. Our IICRC certified mold remediation specialists utilize the latest technology to locate mold, and the source of moisture that is causing it. The mold remediation industry is not heavily regulated and many companies perform mold removal without proper training or certification. But hiring such companies may void home warranties or be ineligible for insurance reimbursements. That’s why it’s important to hire a company accredited through the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). This organization sets the standards for the mold remediation industry across the U.S. and globally. K.O.S follows a strict process to ensure all mold is located and properly removed.
We follow a rigorous five-step process:
- Mold testing to determine what type of mold you have and the areas of your home that are affected.
- Determine the extent of damage behind drywall and insulation. Mold typically breeds in these areas and this is a critical step to determine the severity of mold infestation.
- Safely remove all affected materials in the area of contamination. Since mold spores easily spread when disrupted, we insulate the area and remove any materials that has mold growth, including carpet, drywall, insulation, etc. to prevent the mold from spreading.
- Once materials are removed, we treat the entire area with professional strength chemicals to destroy mold and prevent regrowth. The exact method of removal will depend on the type of mold and severity of the infestation.
- After all mold has been thoroughly removed and the area is treated, we can return your home to normal. This may involve the use of advanced drying techniques and restoration of cabinets and drywall. At this stage, we’ll do a final inspection to identify and address water or humidity issues before replacing drywall, insulation, and carpet.
For more information contact K.O.S Restoration today Phone: (631) 560-8999 – Visit us on Facebook