Water & Mold Emergency Cleanup & Restoration
5 Star Reviews
Serving Long Island Since 2006
Read Our Uncensored Reviews
24/7 Water Removal
We Can Help! (631) 560-8999

Emergency Water Removal Services

Mold Remediation NY

Mold Can Be Prevented Around Your Home

Keep Your Home Healthy & Mold Free

Mold is usually not a problem indoors, unless spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. They have the potential to cause health problems, and produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions) and irritants. Inhaling or touching mold or their spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash. Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. They can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are also allergic. In addition, exposure to molds can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold. Research on it’s growth and health effects is ongoing. The above does not describe all potential health effects related to exposure. For more detailed information regarding symptoms consult a health professional, local health department.

    1. Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mold exposures include allergic reactions, asthma and other respiratory complaints.
    2. There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and their spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor growth is to control moisture.
    3. If there is a problem in your home or school, you must effectively remove it and eliminate sources of moisture.
    4. Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent growth.
    5. Reduce indoor humidity (to 30-60%) to decrease the chance of molds growth by:
      • Venting bathrooms, dryers and other moisture-generating sources to the outside
      • Using air conditioners and de-humidifiers
      • Increasing ventilation
      • Using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing and cleaning
    6. Clean and dry any damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
    7. Clean off hard surfaces with water and detergent, and dry completely. Absorbent materials such as ceiling tiles, that are moldy, may need to be replaced.
    8. Prevent condensation: Reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces (i.e., windows, piping, exterior walls, roof, or floors) by adding insulation.
    9. In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, do not install carpeting (i.e., by drinking fountains, by classroom sinks, or on concrete floors with leaks or frequent condensation).
    10. They can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance, providing moisture is present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods.

    KOS offers a no-obilgation free estimate with our IICRC certified mold remediation team. Contact us today for more information or to schedule emergency service (877) 339-5464IICRC Certified Firm #111805, Mold License #MR00921, Suffolk County License #59257-H – Read our reviews on Facebook.